Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Let me start by saying that Mother's Day is HIGHLY underrated.  Being a new mom, I've come to not only appreciate my own mom more (more than words can say), but ALL moms around the world.  There should be more than one day to celebrate moms.  I know that some people say being a mom is the hardest "job" in the world, but I don't really think of being a mom as a job.  For me it's more like a part of who I am.  I'm a Mom.  But I'm also a daughter, a sister, an aunt, a friend, a godmother, a niece, a cousin, and a wife.  That's part of who I am.  That's not all I am, but it's just part of me.  
I remember who I was before I had my son, but I know that I am a better person since having him.  I have found out more about myself since having Alex than I ever have before giving birth to him.  Becoming a mom has given me a confidence that I cannot describe.  When you create a child inside your body and deliver a wonderful, beautiful child in this world, it makes you feel like a super hero.  I gave birth to a child who weighed almost 10 lbs.  Everything else in life seems like a piece of cake.  But it's not just creating a child that makes you an incredible mom, it's actually raising the child.  All of the moms that have adopted incredible children know that.  Giving birth is just the biology of it all, it's not what makes being a mom so special.  Raising your child(ren) with hope, values, and unconditional love; that's where being a mom becomes more rewarding that anything else you can do in life.  I've gained such a drive, such ambition in my life since becoming a mom because for the first time, I KNOW I can do ANYTHING.  Yes, we all have trials and tribulations, and stresses and hurdles we need to get over.  But, when you have that fire inside of you, that drive to always want to do better, you just know that you can get through anything.  
So Happy Mother's Day to all of you moms out there.  Happy Mother's Day not only today, but EVERYDAY.  You deserve to be recognized for all that you do everyday.  Always know that you are an amazing and incredible woman who is raising or has raised wonderful children.  Be proud of being a mom and be proud of being so wonderful.  Now go give your kids a big hug and kiss!  They are the reason you get to celebrate Mother's Day after all.

1 comment: